Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Project Description

For my project for my New Media course I have decided on "Impact of Video Games on Violence and Criminal Activity." There have been many claims recently that violence and criminal activity in video games is a cause for real world violence, I don't buy it. From what I have seen these claims are made by people who do not have an understanding of how games work and are just judging video game media from the outside and not really trying to see it for what it is truly worth. For this topic I plan on gathering information on court cases in which the defendant has blamed violent video games for his/her violent action. I also intend on gathering information on people who stand on both sides of the debate to compare their opposing views. Finally I will look into whatever research has been done to prove or disprove the claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment